Visiting One of The Best Exhibit in Jakarta


Hi! Now I'm gonna tell you about my End-of-year trip, actually, I went to several cities like Semarang and Jogja, but for me, the highlight of my holiday was my Jakarta trip


the ambiance

I went to Jakarta on the 2nd of January and I went back on the 5th of January. So on Friday, I visited the famous National Gallery of Indonesia aka Galeri Nasional Indonesia. The National Gallery was located in Medan Merdeka number 14 or to be exact in front of the Gambir Train Station. It was built in the 1900s by the Dutch Government.

The Gallery was quite impressive with a wide range of different styles from different time periods. There are so many works from Indonesian artists but you can also find international work as well. 

The collection at the National Gallery of Indonesia is comprised of works from Indonesian artists such as Basuki Abdullah, Affandi, and Raden Saleh. From Jakartabytrain.com said that The National Gallery contains around 1750 artworks




The National Gallery was divided into 2 buildings, the main gallery and a temporary exhibit (or known as Gedung A), the main gallery contains so many arts, such as Raden Saleh's painting and Nyoman Lempad's sketch, and also dozens of contemporary sculptures and installations by the young artist. and the temporary exhibit contains different artworks each month but when I was there there was an artwork called Rindu Lukisan Merasuk di Badan by Ugo Untoro, this exhibit still opens until the 12th of January. I really recommend all of you to check this exhibit. 

When we arrived there, we should store our bag in the cloakroom and we have to write down our name at the buku kedatangan, FYI there is no entrance fee. And sadly there wasn't any kind of brochure provided regarding the painting on display. And there wasn't any explanation about the paintings. I spent only around twenty minutes there because I only visited the Gedung A or the temporary ones because at that time the main exhibit aka Gedung B and the merch store was closed. And I think the museum was very quiet when I was there because I went there around 4PM (or almost closing time) 







Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

My Goals, My Ambition

Recommendation Letter

Siberian Husky